Skip to main content

We found love in a hopeless place...

Yay, it's Friday at last and I have Saturday off! This is my first Saturday off since the end of 2011. I worked three Saturdays in January, and most of my Saturdays were in a row. So I am super excited about tomorrow. I hope to finish hanging my curtains in my living room. I started but I realized many things, most important of which was my ladder is just tooo damn short. I was on my tiptoes the whole time. So am going to break down and buy a ladder.

Had a very odd dream. There were some other young Nigerian pediatricians like myself in town. Like myself they ended up here because they couldn't find jobs in their home city. Very odd. What are u saying subc?

Had my training session yesterday. He took my measurements. I still have a long way to go. My body fat is still pretty high. Yeah, I need to get my act together post haste cos I am paying way too much for me not to have any significant results. My target weight for the end of the month is under 180. I need to stop eating late night chin chin and raisins. I don't know why i snack at night. Maybe I need more snacks during the day? Anyway, I have the luxury of time this weekend. I will plan and execute a week's menu this Saturday.

Am sleeeeeeeeeeepy still.

Off to the gym.




Comments

Unknown said…
yes please stay off the chin chin and raisins, dont even buy them! Send the remaining chin chin here.
oluyemisi said…
Lol. Too late, I already finished the bag. They were good too!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I ...

Ojo Monday

As I opened  blogger to write a post, the song ojo Monday jumped to my head. I mourned my unbacked up and crashed ibook immediately. I have so much music that I've lost. I haven't heard that song since 200something. I didn't even remember who did it which is a damn shame cos am a Fela stan. Anyway, rushed to Youtube to find it. They didn't have it, but there is a band called Ogun Afrobeat that did a pretty decent cover considering they don't even speak the language. Turned out it's called by its English name: Monday morning in Lagos: Anyway, all that to say it's Ojo Wednesday and I hope I survive. I worked out yesterday with my trainer. My arms are looking nice per him and me. Am still a bit weak though as in, I don't have much stamina for certain exercises. Anyway, time is already fast spent. I have to go for my jog and yet again I didn't edit my playlist. Why do i procrastinate so! PS. Turns out that I do have that song, must have bac...

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last ...