Skip to main content

And the point is...

Whoa, life got busy there.

Crazy week. Good for business but not good for my me time. Sometimes I wish I could breathe think dream medicine, then I wouldn't resent it for taking all my time from me. It always seems to come first, takes over, and pushes everyone and everything else out. Sigh.

But all things must come to an end, and just like that *snaps fingers*, its Friday already and here I am waiting for my flight to Vegas. Wish I were going for pleasure, I have a work conference to attend. Nevertheless, am excited a bit. I have never ever ever been in Vegas, flown over Vegas, driven through Vegas or even looked at Vegas. I was supposed to go with a co-worker but due to drama and shenanigans, am going by myself. I am kind of happy about that, cos I was kind of dreading going with this person. But, at the same time, this means I really have to get out of my shy mode and make an effort to visit a place or two on Sunday. I was thinking of maybe thrifting but am not sure.

Speaking of which, I took a risk and visited a thrift store on the way to the airport. I saw a pretty decent looking wingchair for $30. Needs some reupholstering though to fit into my space. I didn't grab it cos I was on the way to the airport plus I had to see a man about a horse so could barely stand still. I just googled reupholstering costs and it seems like it might be super super expensive so forget it.

Still on the hunt for a console for my "foyer." I think I might go the Target route instead of the Goodwill route. I found some decent looking stuff for under $100 while browsing this morning. And then I took a detour from my simple wood style type console to dreaming about glass or lucite consoles. Like this one:
Target.com. Respite Console
or this one
Bombay Console Table
or this one...
Mecca Console Table


But the price for all of these are out of my budget. So it's all just wishful thinking for now...

Am hungry but am afraid that if I get up from my seat, I will lose it. Besides, I doubt I will find anything healthy to eat here. At last, my flight has been called. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Week

I feel so accomplished this morning. My weekend was productive for once. I painted my chair and it is finally in my bedroom. The thing is, I underestimated the amount of paint I would need and went crazy with dilution. My first clue should have been that the original pattern was visible under the paint. I filed it down a bit with sandpaper which took off the color. Then, because I ran out of paint, I wasn't able to paint the seat and instead covered it with an old ankara skirt that I was planning to turn into pillows. I was very disappointed with the results, but it's now growing on me. I might leave the ankara like that or change it for another ankara I have. Lastly, I tried gluing the broken leg in place but alas, it didn't work. I guess I had better just buy a new leg for the chair. My next project is to figure out how to stick mirrors into an old painting. I also need to pick up my hall table from the office where it has been waiting for me all last week. I really wi

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I