Skip to main content

Satisfy yourself

I keep waking up with random snippets of song in my head. That song is from a reggae mixcd I've been listening to lately so I really have no clue who the singer is.

Moving on.

Yesterday was a great day. I did my couch to 5K training. I am on Week 6 day 2 or three I think and the running time has increased to 10 minutes at a go. Now I don't run too fast. In fact, as the length of running time has increased, I have decreased my speed and right now am comfortable at a pace of 12:45 sometimes 12:30. The first ten minutes were alright. But the last ten minutes? OMG, I really wanted to stop. I had all kinds of justification too, I was going to be late for work. I can complete the work out this evening (total lie, I can't workout in the evening alone for some reason), I will this, I will that. It was hard, but I managed to ignore all those voices. I did give in a tad and reduced the speed for about a minute, but then I continued on. I felt so awesome when I completed it. I was on a high all day long!

I had a bounce to my steps and a song in my heart. Especially when I put on my Express size 10 pants which had been indecently tight as in showing my booty tight, plus part of a camel's foot which had no right to be on my body cos I aint a camel tight, and it fit pretty well with a bit of looseness in the waist. I felt so good! I got to work and weighed myself and I was over the moon. 184.8 fully clothed! Yes. My trainer has told me to stop being so cheap and to get a scale. I might have to go check out Big Lots this weekend.

Anyway, my good mood continued all day. I felt so powerful. Runner's high is no joke!! I felt clear minded, ok not completely. I had to ask my boss questions twice and the second time i was a bit incoherent, cos I didn't want to sound dumb and I ended up sounding just that. Lol. I felt efficient. I felt GREAT. Can't wait to run again tomorrow. I even left work on time despite a last minute addition to the schedule. There was some unpleasant incident with one of my coworkers on the way out but I am going to leave matters to matthias. Maybe I will talk about it or not. But it didn't ruin my mood completely.

It felt good to leave the office and the sky wasn't completely dark yet. El Paso doesn't seem to believe in street lights yet especially on the stretch of freeway that i take home. So I really hate going home at night. It had really added to my depression over the past few weeks but now with runner's high, all that is abolished!

I went shopping at Ross and guess what I found. My curtain rods, the one that had been taken away from me so rudely on Sunday! At first I wasn't going to buy it cos I had my reservations and all. I saw these other ones that were nice but not as glamorous and the diamater was less than the ones I wanted. Anyway, I bought them. Then I kept going. To Marshall's where I found this
mirroredfurnitureshop.com
Wow, it's pretty similar down to the legs. The pulls were the only different thing. Anyway, it was pretty beatup, missing pulls, a crooked leg. I asked the manager how much they would charge for that and she said it would be 10% off the list price. That put a screeching halt to my vision of it in my entry way with a huge arrangement of faux florals (too dark for live plants) etc. But now am going to be haunted by that table! I want it!! for $50 lol. Am just too damn cheap. OMG, it cost twice as much as what Marshall's was selling it. Damn debt!

Crate and Barrel
I pretty much visited every home store on the strip including target. I want to do my guest bathroom in purple and green, inspired by this soap pump from crate and barrel.


 I was looking for a green shower curtain. I almost pulled the trigger on one but the graphic was too somehow. I like big bold graphics. My favorite shower curtain before I ruined it by washing it is a black and white flower photo from target. I wanted something similar, not a flower but a big bold graphic. I was thinking of green hand towels, plum rugs and then a piece of art like this one on the wall of this bathroom that I saw on BHG.com's website.

BHG.com


I wonder if I can make that myself. I am going to try this weekend and see. This is LONG. Wow. Didn't know I had so much to say.

Off to work. Half day. Yippee!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Week

I feel so accomplished this morning. My weekend was productive for once. I painted my chair and it is finally in my bedroom. The thing is, I underestimated the amount of paint I would need and went crazy with dilution. My first clue should have been that the original pattern was visible under the paint. I filed it down a bit with sandpaper which took off the color. Then, because I ran out of paint, I wasn't able to paint the seat and instead covered it with an old ankara skirt that I was planning to turn into pillows. I was very disappointed with the results, but it's now growing on me. I might leave the ankara like that or change it for another ankara I have. Lastly, I tried gluing the broken leg in place but alas, it didn't work. I guess I had better just buy a new leg for the chair. My next project is to figure out how to stick mirrors into an old painting. I also need to pick up my hall table from the office where it has been waiting for me all last week. I really wi

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I