Skip to main content

Baba Time, please pump your brakes.

Wow. This year is already in the fourth month, the second quarter of the year! ARGH.

Father time, I beg, there is no need to rush. Or maybe it's just me because 24hours seems compressed into 2hrs and the day is done already with none of my many goals accomplished.

Last week, I was very ambitous, and I very ambitiously did not complete a thing. I made a plan to walk/jog 3 miles daily, write almost daily, work on my novel blah blah etc etc. Of course I accomplished maybe 10% of that, but nevertheless, it is well. I have a new week to start all over and get it right. I know I will be able to do more with my time once I get out of my habit of excessive net surfing. I did promise myself no more gossip blogs last week, and while I haven't been completely cold turkey, I have managed to cut it down to about maybe ok, i did cut it down sha, no need to quantify. LOL. At least am not reading it second thing in the morning anymore.

My major number one problem is procrastination! If I could truly conquer that, everything else in my life will fall into place. Sigh. Prayer warriors and regular praying folks, pray for me.

Nevertheless, I will make another plan for this week, because after all as they say, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Financial wise: I am on target with paying back my debt. Not on target with my budget. I had an extra check this week but despite calculating and recalculating, due to my trigger happy ways with the previous paycheck I was unable to do as much damage to my debt as I had hoped. I was hoping that this month of April will see the end of two major debts but we will see sha. The plan is no spending outside of food/gas/rent for this month.

Novel wise: Haven't touched it. I need something to spark my creativity. I was to go to two events on Saturday. The first one I missed due to work. The second one I came home and crashed like a mad woman. But I did go see Red Tails finally. it was alright. The acting was something else. I also finally read Hunger Games. Kobo books was having a sale and I am kicking myself for only buying one of the books instead of all three. They cost 89 cents for the first, a buck for the second and third or thereabouts. I should have known better. My call partner whilst I was in residency had been reading and talking about those books for the month we were together. She was hooked like some people were hooked on twilight and harry potter. I had been trying to borrow them from the library electronically since last year but they only had the audio versions and I don't do audio. Hopefully, another sale will come my way. In the meantime, I keep wondering about the characters. That's the type of story I want to write.

Home Decor. My goal is to have a fab apt by July and here it is April already. Sigh. I will talk about that in another post. I need to go work out right now, not at 7am. LOL.

Fitness. Am losing weight. But I can't run a mile  to save my life. Had a crazy dream about my training sessions. But next post. This way I have something to talk about tomorrow and I can accomplish my goal of 6 posts/week. Lol.

The real reason I don't write is because I just find my day to day so boring and I don't want to bore my one reader, you know?

Later.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Week

I feel so accomplished this morning. My weekend was productive for once. I painted my chair and it is finally in my bedroom. The thing is, I underestimated the amount of paint I would need and went crazy with dilution. My first clue should have been that the original pattern was visible under the paint. I filed it down a bit with sandpaper which took off the color. Then, because I ran out of paint, I wasn't able to paint the seat and instead covered it with an old ankara skirt that I was planning to turn into pillows. I was very disappointed with the results, but it's now growing on me. I might leave the ankara like that or change it for another ankara I have. Lastly, I tried gluing the broken leg in place but alas, it didn't work. I guess I had better just buy a new leg for the chair. My next project is to figure out how to stick mirrors into an old painting. I also need to pick up my hall table from the office where it has been waiting for me all last week. I really wi

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I