Skip to main content

The Saga Continues...


I guess I can only post one entry a month or something.

Well, as of two fridays ago, I took my last clinical exam! oops i meant basic sciences. I was not able to feel relieved, excited or light like a air filled balloon because I still have my boards to take. I was going to be hard core and take in on June 9th but then I began to doubt my test taking abilities and decided to push it to the future. Whatever happens, I still have time to enjoy my life before third year begins.

I can't believe that I am about to begin the second half of the year. Rather, that I have begun the second half of the year 2006. I am not able to do a good recap of the year thus far because quite frankly i have not been keeping up with my journal (paper that is). I do know that now that I feel settled about my academic life, my thoughts have turned increasingly to my emotional life - in short, i have been hit with an overwhelming desire to get married.

It's funny to me that I feel this way. When I was twelve years old (ironically, when i was 11, i wanted to get married by 18 so i could have me some s.e.x. LOL) and all through college and even after graduation, my stance was that I was not getting married. I looked around at the marriages that I saw and what i saw were marriages that seemed to have no love and looked like marriage for marriage's sake. I thought that by telling myself that I did not care for marriage that I would be free from the yearning and desire to be married. I was particularly afraid of that yearning and desire because I knew even at that young age that it would cause me to marry anyone just to have a ring on my finger and the title of Mrs.

Alas! Here I am almost two decades later, longing to be part of a unit. I guess God never lied when He said it is not good for man to be alone. I long to be in a wonderful, life affirming relationship with a man of like mind. Sometimes, I am filled with despair because it looks so impossible. Even though, I'd like to consider myself to be a honest person, I seem to attract deceitful people into my life. It's ill and leaves me a little bit scarred, I lie. It has left me very scarred and unable to trust myself.

Anyway, on to other things.

First, I want to shout out dreamerchic who hooked me up with Lagbaja's latest album. I love it! Thanks Dreamerchic03. You rock! It's hot, especially now that I am hearing it in CD quality. Aisan still remains my favorite because it speaks to me. There is just something about that song despite its rather long and semi dissonant intro. Equally blazing tracks are: Who Man? Skentele Skontolo and my second personal favorite: Never Far Away. I found out that my cousin bought the VCD when she went to naija. I can wait to pop out this exam so i can go and raid her house for that and other naija movies.

be back in a minute....

Comments

Beke said…
I personally think that when it comes to relationships and marriages, its usually very tricky. There is usually a point when you are naïve and you see relationships like fairy tale stories. And along the line one would get to a stage of total shock and disappointment. At this point you don’t even want to be with guy . At that stage all hopes and dreams get shattered and you don’t want to ever go back. From there, hopefully, (though some people never get there) where one will find healing and begin to dream again but this time, not a fairy tale. This time giving room for your imperfections, his imperfections and circumstances surrounding you, two. Then if the young man or who ever comes riding on his horse with ‘dem shinny amour, you probably will recognise him. Though some come later on in life, its best wait to avoid starting the cycle all over again.
This is from experience, before I met Huzy, all the relationships I had was horrible. No good one at all. The last one destroyed everything I had left as he went for good sessions with a close friend. Then I took 5 year break. No relationship and every person that came near got the bitter side of me and I enjoyed it. My family members were worried. Some how I managed to get on the recovery road but it took a long time. Along the line I met Huzy, it was difficult being with me at first , cos, I sub-consciously punished him for my Ex’s sins. But for me he was one guy that helped me to restore my hope and dream again.

Popular posts from this blog

New Week

I feel so accomplished this morning. My weekend was productive for once. I painted my chair and it is finally in my bedroom. The thing is, I underestimated the amount of paint I would need and went crazy with dilution. My first clue should have been that the original pattern was visible under the paint. I filed it down a bit with sandpaper which took off the color. Then, because I ran out of paint, I wasn't able to paint the seat and instead covered it with an old ankara skirt that I was planning to turn into pillows. I was very disappointed with the results, but it's now growing on me. I might leave the ankara like that or change it for another ankara I have. Lastly, I tried gluing the broken leg in place but alas, it didn't work. I guess I had better just buy a new leg for the chair. My next project is to figure out how to stick mirrors into an old painting. I also need to pick up my hall table from the office where it has been waiting for me all last week. I really wi

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I