Skip to main content

He did it again...

On Saturday, I was invited to go to church with a new friend. The funny thing was, all last year I had been praying to be invited to this particular church. It was the church of my ex. We broke up on bad terms and i wanted, needed him to still be my friend but he was not even trying to talk to me. I accepted the invitation, all the while thinking to myself, girl, where were you when i needed you last year.

I woke up Sunday morning in a panic. I could not go to that church, what was i thinking? Although, my ex was no longer in this state (i think) and more than likely would not be there, i was afraid to go. I called my other new friend up to cancel and she was so gracious that I changed my mind again.

Anyway sha, I was glad I went because i came to the realization that I am spiritually starved. Why? The sermon was so delicious to me and hit all the right spots. However, I know that if i had been going to church on a regular basis, I would have been like what kind of sermon is this? where is he going and what point is he trying to make? and when is he planning to make it? nah, it wasn't that bad.

incidentally, in my jotter, an old one i hadn't used since last year, my prayer request was reconciliation with my ex. My first reaction was well, too late for that now. But I quickly reminded myself that God is always on time. Always.

About the title:
For third year, we are required to have PDAs. Even though I am from ondo state, I think i was switched at birth because i have ijebu tendencies (is this a racist comment? or ethnicist? is that a word... i am digressing.).

I found this random website that had my palm for $249.99, no tax. $13 for 3 year warranty. cheap ass shipping. I wanted to jump on that but then i couldn't. I felt it was too good to be true. The PDA was brand new. As for the warranty, I could not find any details about it. I tried to read the customer feedback but those seemed so spurious. one guy was talking about how this was his first internet shopping experience. Does anyone like that even exist in 2006? I still remember my first internet shopping experience. It was from Amazon, back when Jeff was still operating out of his garage. I got the Sankofa soundtrack for my friend (the one i mentioned in the last post. he had been searching for it since forever and it was a great surprise) and The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Ayi Kwei Armah for myself. They came in a USPS priority mail envelope. Knowing my packrat tendencies, I am sure I still have that envelope. That was in 1996 or 1997, the year is fuzzy.

Anyway, I could not bring myself to buy from the site. This morning, I woke up and checked my yahoo e-mail. I have so much junk in that account. Right now, I am at 450+ unread messages. All junk! okay, ok, 90% junk! Usually, I ignore them and read what i need but today i decided to open the email from coupon cabin in the hopes that I could find a coupon to help me with my PDA. And sure enough, there it was. 10% off any order over $199 from Circuit City. Is that hot or what? So I ended up buying my palm for $242 and I get it in my hands today. Still gotta pay tax though but it's still all good.

As usual, He was right on time. Still wooing me the way I like to be wooed. I am not into flashy big things. It's the little things. I had this boyfriend once. I always cherished it when he bought me one dollar incense from the mallam at the mass ave station (yes, i know there are no mallams in boston but i don't know what they call themselves jare, they look like mallams) but when he bought me a watch, i could barely bring myself to wear it and just threw it anywhere. he would have to beg me all the time.

i am too simple for my own good.

today: ikea or bust.
laters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Week

I feel so accomplished this morning. My weekend was productive for once. I painted my chair and it is finally in my bedroom. The thing is, I underestimated the amount of paint I would need and went crazy with dilution. My first clue should have been that the original pattern was visible under the paint. I filed it down a bit with sandpaper which took off the color. Then, because I ran out of paint, I wasn't able to paint the seat and instead covered it with an old ankara skirt that I was planning to turn into pillows. I was very disappointed with the results, but it's now growing on me. I might leave the ankara like that or change it for another ankara I have. Lastly, I tried gluing the broken leg in place but alas, it didn't work. I guess I had better just buy a new leg for the chair. My next project is to figure out how to stick mirrors into an old painting. I also need to pick up my hall table from the office where it has been waiting for me all last week. I really wi

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I