Skip to main content

never mind i'll find, someone like you

I fell asleep on the couch last night, sitting up with my laptop close beside me. I was trying to bang out my 1000 words for the day. But I had wasted so much time surfing aimlessly and i couldn't get into the space. Still I kept going because I was determined not to give up so soon. As it turns out, useless web surfing is one of the things that is on my DO NOT list. What is aimless surfing? It is when you just sit on the computer and aimlessly go from random site to random site, reading things you have no business reading and wasting precious time. And my time is particularly precious cos i don't get home till after 7 sometimes and my goal is to be in bed at 11pm so i can wake up at 6 and do it all again.

Today is a half day yay. three more work days left, i consider thursday to be my hump day.
i need to get my act together today and get my car registered and all that. i am getting paranoid now everytime a police car or even a mustang (cos for some odd reason, mustangs are the police car of choice out here) is behind me, i panic wondering if this is it, if an going to be pulled over for violation of  some sort. I can't live like that, willl get my act together today! I also have to complain to the management. it is pure cold air coming through my window as we speak. they put up these apts so fast, the least they could have done is use double glazed glass. i have decided, am not renewing my lease. but i hate moving so who knows if I will stay.

In more yay worthy news, I finally made it to under 180, which was my goal for the end of this month. My reward was to go on a mini shopping spree but I have decided to wait until 170 for that. If I work out aggressively and eat very well, I think I can hit that in 4 weeks. I need to step up my running to 5 days a week starting next week. I think that my couch to 5K program is coming to an end very soon, in fact I think I have just 4 more left to go. I was thinking that after that I will start working on improving my speed. I am presently able to comfortably run at a 12:30 pace, maybe 12:15 or whatever is in between 12:00 pace. As always, I find that when I am well hydrated it is easier for me to run longer. Must put a cup of water by my bed tonight.

I wonder what I should get as a treat for coming in under 180 finally.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I ...

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last ...

Ojo Monday

As I opened  blogger to write a post, the song ojo Monday jumped to my head. I mourned my unbacked up and crashed ibook immediately. I have so much music that I've lost. I haven't heard that song since 200something. I didn't even remember who did it which is a damn shame cos am a Fela stan. Anyway, rushed to Youtube to find it. They didn't have it, but there is a band called Ogun Afrobeat that did a pretty decent cover considering they don't even speak the language. Turned out it's called by its English name: Monday morning in Lagos: Anyway, all that to say it's Ojo Wednesday and I hope I survive. I worked out yesterday with my trainer. My arms are looking nice per him and me. Am still a bit weak though as in, I don't have much stamina for certain exercises. Anyway, time is already fast spent. I have to go for my jog and yet again I didn't edit my playlist. Why do i procrastinate so! PS. Turns out that I do have that song, must have bac...