Skip to main content

Stumped for now.

So much for all my goal settings of yesterday.

The only thing I really accomplished was making my bed and working out. To tell the truth, I came home later than I normally do, and I was so exhausted that I didn't even bother to eat in the kitchen like I normally do. I ate in my bedrooom. The Chicken Tangine I made on Sunday was awesome! It's a bit on the sweet side but it almost satisfied my sweet tooth. I say almost cos I ended up eating some chin chin as well. But the good is, because I was eating in my bedroom, and I was tired as all get out, I was too lazy to get more Tangine or more chin chin. So for once, I only had one serving of whatever instead of ten thousand like I usually do. Hmmmmmmm.

But thank God, today is a new day and I promise to be on it. As soon as I get out of this bed that is. I keep smelling the garbage from my room. I don't recall putting any animal flesh in there so am a bit perplexed. And since I thoroughly cleaned on Sunday, whatever is in there is from cooking so again am confused. Whichever way, it's going out this morning with me. I tend to put it off cos the bin is far from where i park and i'm usually behind when i leave the house. But no excuses today. I have to pass the bin to get to my car, which is annoying in itself. But more on that later maybe. most likely not. LOL


Been trying for the past half hour to add a weight loss ticker to my entire blog. Maybe am just impatient but I can't seem to figure it out. So i just added it to this post instead. I will keep working on it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I ...

Ojo Monday

As I opened  blogger to write a post, the song ojo Monday jumped to my head. I mourned my unbacked up and crashed ibook immediately. I have so much music that I've lost. I haven't heard that song since 200something. I didn't even remember who did it which is a damn shame cos am a Fela stan. Anyway, rushed to Youtube to find it. They didn't have it, but there is a band called Ogun Afrobeat that did a pretty decent cover considering they don't even speak the language. Turned out it's called by its English name: Monday morning in Lagos: Anyway, all that to say it's Ojo Wednesday and I hope I survive. I worked out yesterday with my trainer. My arms are looking nice per him and me. Am still a bit weak though as in, I don't have much stamina for certain exercises. Anyway, time is already fast spent. I have to go for my jog and yet again I didn't edit my playlist. Why do i procrastinate so! PS. Turns out that I do have that song, must have bac...

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last ...