Skip to main content

been a long time...

i am trusting God with everything that i've got
i'm trusting God with all my dreams, my hopes, my joy
i'm trusting God with all my fears, my hates, my insecurities
the pain at the pit of my stomach
the tears rolling down my cheeks
all of my failures, all of my doubts
i'm trusting God through this night
that has lasted six long years
with only a moment or two of sunshine
to help me endure the months and months of dark
O Lord

I'm trusting You through my doubts
I wonder if You hear, I wonder if You care
I wonder what Your plans are
I wonder if they include my joy
Sometimes I whisper a lie - You must hate me
Then try to cover it up with the truth - Romans eight
But I return to that lie again and again
When You won't let me get my way
Why won't You let me get my way Lord
What is wrong with my way?
What do You see that i don't?
And why won't You share it with me?
So I could be at ease, at peace
But I guess that's why it's called trust

The alternative would be to walk away
Not that I don't do that already
But I love You Lord and i can't keep away
Even though You drive me mad w/
The piecemeal way You reveal my story
I know it will be all good in the end
with years of light to make up for the years of dark
with days of laughter to make up for the nights of tears
But Lord God, my beloved Dad
Must I go through the pain to get to the sweet stuff
I promise I've learned all my lessons
I promise, I promise, I promise
Please just take away the pain!

february 8 2k7 @PVHS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And the photos!

 My crazy looking art project. Retry! The curtains. Ignore the unevenness. I have a problem with straight lines. Before After. Need more stuffing! Problem Child! Don't know why the wood wouldn't fit. Will have to try again.  So going over my bed. So excited about it! No clue where to put this. Too small for over the tv.

Ojo Monday

As I opened  blogger to write a post, the song ojo Monday jumped to my head. I mourned my unbacked up and crashed ibook immediately. I have so much music that I've lost. I haven't heard that song since 200something. I didn't even remember who did it which is a damn shame cos am a Fela stan. Anyway, rushed to Youtube to find it. They didn't have it, but there is a band called Ogun Afrobeat that did a pretty decent cover considering they don't even speak the language. Turned out it's called by its English name: Monday morning in Lagos: Anyway, all that to say it's Ojo Wednesday and I hope I survive. I worked out yesterday with my trainer. My arms are looking nice per him and me. Am still a bit weak though as in, I don't have much stamina for certain exercises. Anyway, time is already fast spent. I have to go for my jog and yet again I didn't edit my playlist. Why do i procrastinate so! PS. Turns out that I do have that song, must have bac...

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I ...