Skip to main content

That explains that...

So all this time I was calling myself a lazy so and so, and wondering how I could fall asleep while taking out braids, my poor body was battling the flu and possibly strep throat. O ga ju. Everything came to a head on Thursday with fever, chills, body aches et al. I even got sent home early on Thursday. I could barely drive home, I cursed myself again for not following my decision to live close to work, the twenty miles to my house felt like 40 and I felt a bit delirious so I couldn't drive at my usually breakneck speed of 80mph but a sedate pace of 60.

Because I said I would, I went back to work on Friday even though I felt like pure unadulterated garbage. Didn't even feel like eating either. Of course, I got into it with one of my patient's mother. Her poor child had viral pharyngitis and I told her so but she insisted on antibiotics. Ay dios mio. I know if I wasn't sick, I would have been more patient. But my throat was on fire, my legs were barely holding up and my nose was running, plus i felt kind of blind because my glasses kept steaming up so I may have been a bit rude. Not my finest hour!
I should have stayed home! This sense of obligation to everyone but myself must cease! Anyway, Friday was a half day as well, so I gathered my energy and drove home again and took myself to bed along with Candace Bushell's book: Lipstick Jungle. I drifted in and out, in and out. But finally, finally, the fever broke sometime this morning. Still with the damn congestion but at least my throat is no longer on fire.

So much to do! This house needs a fumigation. My car. Everywhere is a mess. And I have a ton of notes to write this week. Ay dios mio! I still have to figure out my chair situation. And lastly, i have to do my bible study homework, and cook. I am tried just writing all this nonsense. The bright spot is that I finally get to pick up my shoes, they have been waiting for me all week. Hope they fit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Life

Last time I discussed my writing, I was moaning about how overwhelmed I felt about editing. Well, this past week I stopped whining and consulted my expert researcher Ms/Mr Google - s/he is an hermaphrodite- and discovered a nifty book called Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. This book is so on fire that it impacted my writing before I even received it. How do I mean? Well, I read an excerpt of the first chapter online and realized what was wrong with my own first chapter right away. In a word -well several words- I was explaining too much and not letting the characters live. I was giving all kinds of background and history and what not. A whole lot of info that had me saying in my nephew's voice: "who cares?" I guess the avid reader in me knew the problem all along, but the writer in me resisted deleting a single word. I mean those words were agonized over and carefully chosen by committee. I was loathe to let even one of them go. But I ...

2013 already!

I can't believe my last post was in November. Despite my good intentions, December was a wasteland in terms of my writing and life goals. I moved to my new apartment, came down with the flu or rather an influenza like illness, and have just been so blah. The cold weather is not helping either. I really cannot stand the cold, it tends to sap my energy. As always, I have a few goals for the new year. I already feel all kinds of stressed because it is already Janaury 4th and I haven't made any moves. I did do one half hearted workout the other day but it was bitter cold. I could actually feel the cold going through my hoodie, my t-shirt, my skin, my bones and grabbing my heart and lungs and squeezing them to death.  I scurried back home and vowed to buy some winter gear. Total mileage 1.6 miles. Yeah pitiful. My goals this year are simple: 1. Get with God and just delight myself in Him. Ps 37:5. I want to be serious about my walk with God this year. I promised myself last ...

Ojo Monday

As I opened  blogger to write a post, the song ojo Monday jumped to my head. I mourned my unbacked up and crashed ibook immediately. I have so much music that I've lost. I haven't heard that song since 200something. I didn't even remember who did it which is a damn shame cos am a Fela stan. Anyway, rushed to Youtube to find it. They didn't have it, but there is a band called Ogun Afrobeat that did a pretty decent cover considering they don't even speak the language. Turned out it's called by its English name: Monday morning in Lagos: Anyway, all that to say it's Ojo Wednesday and I hope I survive. I worked out yesterday with my trainer. My arms are looking nice per him and me. Am still a bit weak though as in, I don't have much stamina for certain exercises. Anyway, time is already fast spent. I have to go for my jog and yet again I didn't edit my playlist. Why do i procrastinate so! PS. Turns out that I do have that song, must have bac...